“Knowledge of languages is the doorway to wisdom.” – Roger Bacon
Learning a foreign language gives a unique experience to pupils –
• They get a head start on learning other languages such as Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian
• It takes pupils out of their own English environment and allows them to explore the life-style and culture of another land.
• French opens the door to art, music, fashion, food, architecture and literature
• It gives an added dimension to understanding the importance of making themselves understood and to becoming communicative people.
• It increases pupils’ sensitivity to the sounds and rhythms of language and helps to reinforce their own learning. It also helps to build self-esteem and self-confidence.
The inspirational executive head teacher and her very strong senior leadership team are never content, but are constantly striving to improve the school even further.