Welcome to Northgate
Incorporating Northgate School Arts College, the Bee Hive and Sweet Bee.
Ethos and Aims
Our ethos is deeply rooted within one ideal. All pupils must experience the opportunity to develop a deep sense of personal-worth and confidence. We strive to guide each pupil’s personal development to enable their growth as successful, independent citizens within a global community and to provide an enriching educational experience through the integration of The Arts across the curriculum.
Our aims are linked to the Every Child Matters agenda. Stay safe
• All pupils have a safe and appropriate environment that meets their emotional, social, spiritual and physical needs.
• The boundaries of behaviour are clearly defined, understood and respected by staff and pupils.
• These boundaries are based on trust, acceptance and manual support.
• To provide an inclusive school experience built on principles that are the foundations for a healthy lifestyle.
• Educate pupils to make informed, knowledgeable and balanced lifestyle choices.
• Enjoy and Achieve
• To provide all pupils with equal access to an appropriate personalised curriculum that meets their individual needs.
• To use assessment and target setting as tools to secure an appropriate learning experience for each pupil. Positive Contributions
• To encourage all pupils to contribute to the school community in a positive manner.
• To actively involve all pupils in the decision making processes within the school and promote the exercise of personal choice.
• To acknowledge the positive contributions of our staff and pupils at every opportunity. Active Economic Wellbeing
• To encourage pupils to develop an awareness of themselves as individuals.
• To develop pupils’ independent aspirations as they journey through school towards adulthood and move on from a learning community to an adult living environment.
• To encourage pupils to understand and participate in the school, local and wider community.
• To develop an awareness and appreciation of diversities within the global community and their role within it.
• To support the development of skills which will enable pupils to achieve personal goals and thrive within a global community.
Parents are very pleased with the progress their children make. They comment on the excellent progress their children have made in their academic work and personal skills…