Ethos and Aims
Our ethos is deeply rooted within one ideal. All pupils must experience the opportunity to develop a deep sense of personal-worth and confidence. We strive to guide each pupil’s personal development to enable their growth as successful, independent citizens within a global community and to provide an enriching educational experience through the integration of The Arts across the curriculum.
Our aims are linked to the Every Child Matters agenda. Stay safe
• All pupils have a safe and appropriate environment that meets their emotional, social, spiritual and physical needs.
• The boundaries of behaviour are clearly defined, understood and respected by staff and pupils.
• These boundaries are based on trust, acceptance and manual support.
• To provide an inclusive school experience built on principles that are the foundations for a healthy lifestyle.
• Educate pupils to make informed, knowledgeable and balanced lifestyle choices.
• Enjoy and Achieve
• To provide all pupils with equal access to an appropriate personalised curriculum that meets their individual needs.
• To use assessment and target setting as tools to secure an appropriate learning experience for each pupil. Positive Contributions
• To encourage all pupils to contribute to the school community in a positive manner.
• To actively involve all pupils in the decision making processes within the school and promote the exercise of personal choice.
• To acknowledge the positive contributions of our staff and pupils at every opportunity. Active Economic Wellbeing
• To encourage pupils to develop an awareness of themselves as individuals.
• To develop pupils’ independent aspirations as they journey through school towards adulthood and move on from a learning community to an adult living environment.
• To encourage pupils to understand and participate in the school, local and wider community.
• To develop an awareness and appreciation of diversities within the global community and their role within it.
• To support the development of skills which will enable pupils to achieve personal goals and thrive within a global community.
Parents are very pleased with the progress their children make. They comment on the excellent progress their children have made in their academic work and personal skills…